Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Foster-Walker Complex

1927 Orrington Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201

Located along Orrington Avenue, just north of Searle Hall.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Foster-Walker Complex

History

The $6.5 million Foster-Walker Undergraduate Housing Complex, affectionately known by residents as “The Plex,” was dedicated in the fall of 1973. The four-story structure, designed by the firm of Holabird and Root, includes 582 single rooms in two wings with four houses and a dining facility in each. The complex is named in honor of Mrs. Helen Foster Walker and her husband, George B. Walker, who made a gift of more than $1.3 million to help finance the construction.

Departments in this building

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory