Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Alice Millar Chapel

1870 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208

Located on the southeast corner of Chicago Avenue and Sheridan Road.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Alice Millar Chapel

History

The Alice S. Millar Chapel and Religious Center (1962) was the gift of Foster G. McGaw, a University trustee, and his wife, Mary. Its 720-seat chapel was named in honor of Mr. McGaw's mother, Alice S. Millar McGaw. Designed by Jensen and Halstead of Chicago, it houses a 100-rank Aeolian Skinner organ and is distinguished by its magnificent stained-glass windows and a 151-foot spire.

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory

Rooms in this building

  • Jeanne Vail Chapel