Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Harris Hall

1881 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208

Located just east of the corner of Sheridan Road and Chicago Avenue. Directly east of Weber Arch.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Harris Hall

History

Harris Hall (1915) was built as a home for the social sciences. Designed by Charles Coolidge, the building features colossal Ionic columns and decorative applied pilasters at the top story. Today the three-story limestone structure is used by the history department. It was named for Norman Wait Harris, a prominent Chicago banker, philanthropist, and trustee and benefactor of Northwestern University.

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory

Rooms in this building

  • Harris 107