Skip to main content

Deering Library

1937 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208

Located off of Sheridan road just east of Deering Meadow.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Deering Library


A modified Gothic structure modeled after King's College Chapel in Cambridge, England, Charles Deering Library (1933) served as the main library until 1970. It honors Charles Deering of Deering Harvester Company. Deering and his heirs donated most of the $125,000 needed to construct the building. The Lannon stone building, designed by James Gamble Rogers, now houses the University's Music Library, Art Library, the Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections, and University Archives.

Departments in this building

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory