Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Swift Hall

2029 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208

Located on Sheridan road, directly north of Cresap Laboratory.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Swift Hall

History

Swift Hall (1909) was a gift of Mrs. Gustavus F. Swift and her son Edward F. Swift. The building, which shows the influence of the Prairie School of Architecture, was designed by George W. Maher as the home of the College of Engineering. The five-story Bedford limestone building received an addition in 1945 for training facilities ' including a rifle range ' for the Navy College Training Program and was renamed the Naval Science Building. Today the building is again known as Swift Hall and houses the psychology department.

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory