Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Technological Institute

2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208

Located on the southeast corner of Sheridan Road and Tech Drive.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Technological Institute

Notes

McCormick Room Finder

History

The Technological Institute (1942) has more than 750,000 square feet of classrooms, offices, laboratories, and research facilities. Designed by Holabird and Root, the facility is one of the largest academic buildings in the world. It houses the Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science as well as the departments of chemistry and of physics and astronomy, which are part of the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences. The Lannon stone and Bedford limestone building is embellished at the entrance by Edgar Miller's sculptural reliefs on scientific and engineering themes.

University Archives

More images and historical information on this building can be found at the NU Library Archives

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory

Rooms in this building

  • Ryan Family Auditorium
  • Cohen Commons
  • Willens Engineering Life Sciences Wing