Skip to main content
Northwestern University

McCulloch Residence Hall

2315 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60201

Located on Campus Drive, directly across the street from the North Parking Garage.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the McCulloch Residence Hall

History

Charles McCulloch Hall (1955) was a men's residence hall for 198 freshmen and four resident counselors. Designed by Holabird, Root, and Burgee of buff brick and Lannon limestone trim, the building was a mirror image of neighboring Bobb Hall. McCulloch Hall became a coeducational residence hall in 1974. In 1980 the two buildings were connected, creating what is now known as Bobb-McCulloch Hall. McCulloch Hall was financed in part through a $400,000 gift from the will of Mrs. R. Nell McCulloch, who died in 1953. She made the gift to honor her husband, Charles A. McCulloch, who maintained a strong interest in education and young people even though he himself did not attend college or have children.