Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Scott Hall

601 University Place
Evanston, IL 60208

Located along University Place, just south of Cahn Auditorium.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Scott Hall

History

Scott Hall (1940), a modified Gothic building designed by James Gamble Rogers, served as the student union for 30 years until Norris University Center was built. It was named for Walter Dill Scott, Northwestern's president from 1920 to 1939. Today Scott Hall houses offices for the Division of Student Affairs and the political science department.

University Archives

More images and historical information on this building can be found at the NU Library Archives

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory

Rooms in this building

  • Guild Lounge