Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Deering Meadow

1937 Sheridan Rd.
Evanston, IL 60201

Located along Sheridan Road, just south of the Donald P. Jacobs Center.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Deering Meadow

History

Deering Meadow provides more than two acres of green space between Deering Library and Sheridan Road. The meadow was known as Campus Meadow from 1870 until the construction of Deering Library in 1933. It was the site of the first Northwestern football field and early Commencement ceremonies and has long been a gathering place for informal recreation, concerts, and rallies.