Skip to main content
Northwestern University

711 Elgin Road

711 Elgin Road
Evanston, IL 60208

Located along Elgin Road just west of the Rebecca Crown Center.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the 711 Elgin Road

History

The former Music Administration Building (1874), the second-oldest building on campus, was designed by Gurdon P. Randall for the Evanston College for Ladies. Originally called the Woman's College Building, the Second Empire style building was later renamed Willard Hall in honor of Frances Willard, who was president of the Evanston College for Ladies and the first dean of women at Northwestern. When a new women's residence hall was built and named Willard Hall in 1938, the School of Music began using the building until 2015.

University Archives

More images and historical information on this building can be found at the NU Library Archives