Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Hobart House (Women's Residential College)

630 Emerson Street
Evanston, IL 60208

Located along Emerson Street, just west of Cahn Auditorium.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Hobart House (Women's Residential College)

History

Hobart House opened in the fall of 1928 at the same time as Rogers House to provide housing for non-sorority women within the women's quadrangles. The building was named in honor of Emily Hatfield Hobart, a Northwestern University alumna who was killed in civil strife in China while serving as a missionary. Since 1981, Hobart House has served as the home of the Women's Residential College.