Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Engelhart Hall

1915 Maple Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201

Located on the northeast corner of Maple Avenue and Emerson Street.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Engelhart Hall

Notes

Graduate student housing

History

Dedicated in 1971, Frank C. Engelhart Graduate Residence Hall was built to house 550 graduate students and their families in 249 living suites. Engelhart Hall was named in honor of Frank C. Engelhart, former president of Kester Solder Co. and a longtime Evanston resident. In addition to contributing to the construction of the residence hall, Mr Engelhart donated $4.1 million toward the construction of University Library, whose North Tower is named in his honor.

Departments in this building

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory