Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Kresge Hall

1880 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208

Located along Campus Drive, just west of the McCormick Foundation Center.

View on Map | Directions

Photo of the Kresge Hall

History

Kresge Centennial Hall (1955) was built to commemorate Northwestern's 100th anniversary and named for the Kresge Foundation (which gave $500,000 of the $2.4 million cost of the building). Designed by Holabird, Root & Burgee, it today houses the programs in comparative literary studies, art theory and practice, art history, and foreign languages. A four-story addition designed by DeStefano and Partners (2002) was built on the south side of Kresge Hall to provide additional faculty office space. See Crowe Hall, #634.

University Archives

More images and historical information on this building can be found at the NU Library Archives

For a list of all University departments see the Office Directory